- 13 Ekim 2021
- Başvurular Açılış: 4 Kasım 2021, 12pm ET
- Başvurular Kapanış : 10 Şubat 2022, at 3pm ET
FIRST®’deki en seçkin ortaokul öğrencilerinin liderliğini ve özverisini takdir etmek amacıyla, Kamen ailesi, FIRST® Robotik Yarışması ve FIRST® Tech Challenge FIRST Dean’s List Award olarak bilinen seçilmiş 10. veya 11. sınıf* öğrencileri için ödüllere sponsor olur .
In an effort to recognize the leadership and dedication of the most outstanding secondary school students in FIRST®, the Kamen family sponsors awards for selected 10th or 11th grade* students known as the FIRST® Robotics Competition and the FIRST® Tech Challenge FIRST Dean’s List Award.
Çok prestijli Ulusal Başarı Bursu Ödülüne benzer şekilde, FIRST Dean’s List Ödülü öğrencilerinin üç (3) seviyesi vardır.
- FIRST Dean’s List Yarı Finalist (Semi-finalists) – 10. veya 11. okul yıllarında* her takım tarafından aday gösterilen iki (2) öğrenciden oluşur.
- FIRST Dean’s List Finalists – Her Bölgesel için seçilen öğrenciler. Her Bölgesel’e 2 Dean’s List Ödülü Finalisti atanır. Her Bölgeye tahsis edilen Dean’s List Ödülü Finalistlerinin sayısı için lütfen Şampiyona Uygunluk Kriterleri sayfasını ziyaret ediniz.
- FIRST Dean’s List Kazananları (Winners) – (10) FIRST Robotics Competition ve (10) FIRST Tech Challenge finslisler arasından seçilir.
The students who earn FIRST Dean’s List status as either a Semi-finalist, Finalist or Winner, are great examples of current student leaders who have led their teams and communities to increased awareness for FIRST and its mission while achieving personal technical expertise and accomplishment. It is FIRST’s goal that all Dean’s List Semi-Finalists, Finalists and Winners will continue on, post award, as great leaders of FIRST’s ever growing student alumni.
Since its introduction in 2010, the FIRST Dean’s List Award has attracted the attention of prestigious colleges and universities who desire to have FIRST Dean’s List students apply for admissions. As FIRST believes such interest is beneficial to our students, those students selected as Finalists and Winners will be asked to provide written consent for the release and use of certain personal information, including image, to interested colleges/universities for the sole purpose of allowing those institutions to contact the students if they wish. Colleges/universities have expressed interest in meeting FIRST Dean’s List Award Winners and FIRST hopes that each team will take advantage of the opportunity to nominate two of their best students as FIRST Dean’s list Semi-finalists.
*NOT: Eğitim yıllarını belirlemek için bunun gibi sınıf düzeylerini kullanmayan bölgeleri için: Bu ödül, üniversiteye girişten iki (2) ila üç (3) yıl uzakta olan öğrencilere yöneliktir. Gelecek akademik yılda kolej veya üniversiteye devam edecek olan öğrenciler uygun değildir. Aday gösterme sürecinde mentorlara mezuniyet yılı sorulacaktır.
Dean’s List Award ödülü kriterlerini dikkatlice inceledikten sonra her takım 10th veya 11th seviyedeki öğrencilerini aday gösterebilirler. Takımların yalnızca bu onuru gerçekten hak ettiğine inandıkları öğrencileri aday göstermeleri önemlidir. 10th ve 11th sınıf seviyesinde olup takıma mentorluk yapan (takımın aktif bir üyesi oalrak katılım göstermeyen) öğrenciler için başvuru yapılamaz.
A mentor, who is not related to either of the students chosen as the team’s Dean’s List Semi-finalists, shall complete and submit the application in the Team Registration System to compete for the FIRST Dean’s List Finalist designation. Students previously selected as FIRST Dean’s List Semi-finalists or Finalists in a prior year are eligible for nomination again this year provided they meet all of the criteria.
Please note: By making a submission, the Submitter irrevocably grants FIRST and FIRST designees the right to use any or all of the submission in any and all media for the purpose of describing the submission, describing the award, and/or otherwise promoting FIRST and FIRST programs.
NEW! To be nominated and to receive an interview, students MUST have a signed FIRST Consent and Release form. Students with a FIRST Dashboard account and a signed Consent and Release form in their profile can be selected in the drop-down list in the nomination portal. If the student does not have a signed form in their account, or does not have an account, mentors may check off a new checkbox acknowledging that they have a signed paper copy of the FIRST Consent and Release form before submitting. Paper forms may be acquired by reaching out to your local leadership. Please see the Interview Process section below for information on submitting the paper form.
NEW! For more information about submitting for the Dean’s List Award, writing an essay and preparing for an interview, please view the FIRST Robotics Competition Dean’s List Award Guide.
Criteria for selection of the FIRST Dean’s List Award shall include, but not be limited to a student’s:
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to the FIRST Core Values
- Effectiveness at increasing awareness of FIRST in the school and community
- Interest in and passion for a long-term commitment to FIRST
- Overall individual contribution to their team
- Technical expertise and passion
- Entrepreneurship and creativity
- Ability to motivate and lead fellow team members
Although a single mentor must submit the nomination, the team as a whole must verify the accuracy of the submission. FIRST is relying upon the team for the veracity and accuracy of the submission data.
Each entry shall include the following identifying information:
- To be awarded the Dean’s List, a student must display academic excellence. Please describe the student’s academic performance with an indicator the school uses. (Maximum Characters: 200)
- Name & location of student’s high school
- Year of graduation from secondary school/high school
- NEW: Number of years the student has participated in FIRST (Maximum characters: 30)
- Number of years the student has participated on the team
- Five essays of no more than 800 characters each attesting to why the student has been nominated. Prompts for these essays can be found below.
NEW! The essay has been broken down into five prompts with 800 characters each, below. Essays should be specific about the Semi-finalist’s contributions to FIRST generally, and to their team specifically as well as inform judges of specifics on the Semi-finalist’s entrepreneurial, technical, creativity, and innovation skills. Specific examples are helpful to the judges. Information about the Semi-finalist outside of FIRST may also be supportive of the nomination but is secondary to information about the student’s participation in FIRST. Essays must be submitted in English between the dates noted above.
- Explain how the student embodies the philosophies of Gracious Professionalism and Coopertition through the FIRST Core Values: Discovery, Innovation, Impact, Inclusion, Teamwork and Fun. Please provide examples.
- How has the student increased the awareness of FIRST? Describe the student’s interests and/or plans to continue to engage with FIRST beyond high school. Please provide examples.
- Describe the student’s technical expertise, using specific examples in the areas of programming, electronics, design, fabrication, making, illustrating how these skills have contributed to the team’s success. Please provide examples.
- How does the student’s individual contribution to the team benefit the team as a whole in the areas of fundraising, outreach, entrepreneurship, and creativity? Please provide examples.
- Explain the student’s leadership to their fellow team members. How do they motivate others? What is their leadership style? Please provide examples.
Applications for the FIRST Robotics Competition Dean’s List are submitted via the FIRST Dashboard.
A photograph of the FIRST Dean’s List Semi-finalist is encouraged, but optional, and the essay submission and such photos may be used in the promotion of the recipient and/or the award, at the discretion of FIRST. Finalists & winners will be required to sign a FIRST media release to allow use of their likeness to sponsors contributing to the FIRST Dean’s List recognition program and will be responsible for any taxes associated with federal/state prize requirements.
In 2022, Districts and Regional Events may hold Dean’s List Award interviews virtually or in-person. A District will hold interviews either entirely in-person or entirely remote. To view which Districts and Regional Events are holding interviews remotely, please view the list of Remote Dean’s List Interview Events.
- Each Semi-finalist will be interviewed. NEW! The interview is a brief 6-10 minutes and will be conducted by a minimum of 2 Judges, who will have reviewed the submissions prior to the interview.
- Interviews are conducted in English (with the exception of teams interviewing in China, Israel, Mexico, Quebec, and Turkey). Teams needing a translator or sign-language interpreter may include an additional person to act as that translator/interpreter. The translator/interpreter does not need to be a team member or mentor. For these teams, the duration of the interview is increased by three (3) minutes.
- Only the nominated student is allowed to present information or answer questions from the Judges. In instances where a mentor is present, the adult team mentor may observe and later provide feedback to the student, but the mentor is not allowed to provide any assistance during the interview.
- Recording video, audio or taking pictures (including screenshots) are prohibited during the interview.
- In addition to FIRST prohibiting recording, there may be other legal restrictions governing recording.
- Judges will select two (2) students at each Regional event as FIRST Dean’s List Finalists. For Districts, Semi-finalists will be interviewed prior to their local District Championship and 1 or 2 students will be shortlisted at each event and will be called the FIRST Dean’s List District Championship Semi-finalists. The District Championship Semi-finalists will be re-interviewed at (or prior to, if remote) their local District Championship and the Judges will choose the Dean’s List Finalists at each District Championship (number of Finalists varies by District).
- At the FIRST Championship all FIRST Dean’s List Finalists will be considered for the FIRST Dean’s List Award as applicable. No interviews will take place at FIRST Championship. Judges will use the essays provided and any available interview feedback. Finalists need not be present at the FIRST Championship in order to be considered.
For in-person interviews:
- Signed paper FIRST Consent & Release forms MUST be brought to the event in which the student is to be interviewed at and submitted with the Team Roster to Pit Admin. If the student does not have a signed form at the event (whether shown on the Team Roster as being signed in Dashboard or a paper form), the student will be ineligible to receive an interview and continue on for selection as a Dean’s List Award Finalist.
- Each Semi-finalist will be interviewed at one (1) event where their team is competing.
- Eligible students that have been nominated for the Dean’s List Award will be randomly assigned to a time slot for an interview. Once the interview schedule has been posted, Pit Admin will make an announcement and students can see which slot they are assigned to. Some students may request to change their time slot. In order to do so, the student must find another student that is willing to switch with them. Both students will then come to Pit Admin who can approve the change and Pit Admin must alert the JA or JAA.
Uzaktan görüşmeler için :
- Takım Lead 1 & 2 mentorları email@example.com adresinden aday gösterme işlemi ardından öğrencinin imzalı FIRST Consent & Release form unu nasıl ieltecekleri ile ilgili mail alacaklardır. İmzalı form mailde belirtildiği şekilde son tarihten önce iletilmelidir. Aksi takdirde öğrenci görüşmeye giremeyecektir.
- Bölgesel Etkinlik uzaktan mülakatlarlar yapıyorsa, Juri Danışmanı, mülakat planlamak için etkinlikten en az 2 hafta önce aday gösteren mentora e-posta gönderecektir. Görüşme, etkinliğin giriş tarihinden itibaren 7 gün içinde gerçekleştirilecektir.
- Bir öğrenci planlanan saate katılamayacaksa, mentor, öğrencinin uzaktan görüşmesini yeniden planlayabilmesi için Juri Danışmana derhal haber vermelidir.
- Mülakata bir yetişkin mentor katılmalıdır. Yalnızca aday gösterilen öğrenci (kolej öncesi) takım üyesinin bilgi sunmasına veya Jürlerin sorularını yanıtlamasına izin verilir. Bir (1) yetişkin takım danışmanı öğrenciyi gözlemleyebilir ve daha sonra öğrenciye geri bildirim sağlayabilir, ancak danışmanın görüşme sırasında herhangi bir yardım sağlamasına izin verilmez.
- Görüşme süresi, öğrencinin aramaya bağlandığından emin olmak için 1 dakikalık bir arabellekten sonra başlayacaktır.
10 FIRST Robotics Competition FIRST Dean’s List ve 10 FIRST Tech Challenge FIRST Dean’s List Ödül kazananlarının her biri aşağıdakileri alacaktır :
- FIRST Championship* de benzersiz bir ödül ve topluluk tarafından tanınmışlık
- FIRST tarafından üniversite(ler) yada iş yerlerine sunmak üzere bir tavsiye mektubu
- Kazanan öğrencinin takımının kayıt ücretlerinde kullanılmak üzere hibe desteği. Hibe desteği, öğrencinin ödüle aday gösterildiği takıma uygulanacaktır.
- Öğrencinin okuluna hatıra plaketi.
- FIRST genelmerkezinde Manchester, NH* düzenlenecek olan FIRST Dean’s List Award Summit toplantısına katılmak üzere kendisinin ve bir refakatçisinin masrafları karşılanacaktır.
- 10 FIRST Robotics Competition ve 10 FIRST Tech Challenge kazananları Woodie Flowers Memorial Grant bursluluk programına başvurabileceklerdir. 20 kazanandan biri bu bursluluk programını kazanacaktır; ve
- Tüm FIRST Dean’s list kazananları ve FIRST liderleri ile birlikte Mezun görevinde çalışma fırsatı.
*2021-2022 sezonu için, bu etkinlikler, yüz yüze etkinliklere ev sahipliği yapmanın uygun olup olmadığını belirlemek için daha sonraki bir tarihte gözden geçirilecektir.